One of the goals for XTads is to aid TADS game development on macOS, and it has several features to this end.
The File | Restart menu item lets you quickly reload the current game file from disk, speeding up the the edit/compile/test cycle when working on a game.
In the Preferences | Misc. tab:
- Check “Enable development mode features”. This will display the “Dev. mode” tab, where you can select to display broken HTML markup and highlight spelling / grammar errors in the game’s output.
- Uncheck “Ask for confirmation when restarting a game (using menu)”
- Check “Keep command history when starting a new game”
The File | Open for Testing dialog (requires the above-mentioned dev. mode enabled) lets you start games with:
- A save-game position
- Recording/playback of a command script
- Recording of a full game text transcript